meisocraft in English -coming soon-
meisocraft is NC's original podcast to dive into Japanese words and concepts that are unique to Japan or difficult to translate directly into English. Kaoru, as a host, invites one guest with various artistic specialities at a time and talk about one concept or a word.
The first Japanese season has been released on July 7th, 2021.
List of guests and themes:
01. "Hiragana" with Taku Kosugi / Calligrapher
02. "Ma" with Seri Nabeshima / Poem Chanting Performer
03. "Shichu no Sankyo" with Shinryu Kawakami / Edosenke Tea School Successor of Headmaster
04. "Kata" with Ume Nakamura / Japanese Classical dancer Nakamura School
05. "Onkochishin" with Hiroyuki Tanaka / Tanaka Tatami mattress craftsman 4th generation
06. "Isshi Soden" with Torakichi Izumi / Origin of Urushi lacquer brush craftsman
07. "Honshitsu" with Ryochu Miyako / Itchubushi Miyako style Headmaster
08. "Mu" with Tomomi Iwayama / Rinzai Zen Priest and Abbot of Ganshu Zen Temple
09. "Michi" with Seisho Okuraida / Ikebana Sekiso School Successor of Headmaster
10. "Ikigai" with Yuki Okamoto / Hosokawa Onryu Tea School and Hokokawa Mishoryu Ikebana School Successor of Headmaster
We are looking for English native volunteers to create meisocraft in English.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org